GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Saffron crocus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/155233-saffron-crocus.html)

Jangchub 14-03-2007 09:52 PM

Saffron crocus

I would like to plant these, but I cannot find any in the catalogs
right now. Does anyone have a large stand of them and if so would you
be willing to trade plants for the corms? I imagine this would be
done in the fall. I'm planning ahead.

Ann 14-03-2007 10:51 PM

Saffron crocus

Jangchub expounded:

I would like to plant these, but I cannot find any in the catalogs
right now. Does anyone have a large stand of them and if so would you
be willing to trade plants for the corms? I imagine this would be
done in the fall. I'm planning ahead.

Nichols Garden Seeds carries them.
http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Val 15-03-2007 02:43 AM

Saffron crocus

"Jangchub" wrote in message
I would like to plant these, but I cannot find any in the catalogs
right now. Does anyone have a large stand of them and if so would you
be willing to trade plants for the corms? I imagine this would be
done in the fall. I'm planning ahead.

Here's a good site about the cultivation and harvest and also links where
you can get the corms.

http://growingtaste.com/herbs/saffron.shtml

Val

Jangchub 15-03-2007 12:48 PM

Saffron crocus

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:51:39 -0400, Ann wrote:

Jangchub expounded:

I would like to plant these, but I cannot find any in the catalogs
right now. Does anyone have a large stand of them and if so would you
be willing to trade plants for the corms? I imagine this would be
done in the fall. I'm planning ahead.

Nichols Garden Seeds carries them.
http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/

Thanks, Ann. I ordered cataogs from a few places. I appreciate it.