GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass id (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/158331-grass-id.html)

austinartistdotnet 09-05-2007 04:12 PM

Grass id

I tried to remove most of the mint from my garden to make room for the
tomatoes, peppers, etc. I plant every year. I dug through the soil and
loosened it up to get to the roots of the mint. After I planted the
veggies, I noticed tiny green seedlings. Now, this new grass is as
tall as our St. Augustine. This grass is almost identical to St.
Augustine, but it doesn't seem to send runners and it's softer and a
bit furrier. Does anyone know what kind of grass this is? We're in NW
Austin, if that helps.

TIA