Old 22-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered User

Default "Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ??

There are spider like web looking bags throughout our trees, that came up very suddonly. I've heard them called Army Worms, a friend called them Bag worms, but when I looked around on the internet, the pictures of those worms don't match what is happening here. These obviously spread quickly, and there are many little white fuzy catapillers around, I'm assuming they are part of it.. They are killing the leaves that they are attached to, and I'm worried for the health of the trees, much less the thousands of bugs inside those bags! Some of the bags are wayyy up in the trees, some trees over 20 feet tall. How do I control this problem, whats the best thing to do?

Thanks for any input,
Chrissie

Army worms! Ross@home Edible Gardening 0 16-06-2012 09:35 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 04:08 PM
Army worms? SG1 Australia 4 12-05-2003 01:57 PM
Army Worms Jim Australia 2 05-04-2003 07:36 AM
Army Worms Jim Australia 2 24-02-2003 10:48 AM