GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pink jasmine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/161170-pink-jasmine.html)

[email protected] 03-07-2007 01:47 AM

pink jasmine

I planted some pink jasmines in my yard. They are growing very well,
but I don't see any blooms. When I bought them from Home Depot they
had some very fragrant blooms, but ever since I planted them in my
yard, they have not bloomed. Is there anything I need to do (any
particular type of fertilizer) to get them to bloom. I have read pink
jasmines grow well in Austin.
Thanks,
RR

jangchub 04-07-2007 01:39 AM

pink jasmine

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:47:09 -0700, wrote:

I planted some pink jasmines in my yard. They are growing very well,
but I don't see any blooms. When I bought them from Home Depot they
had some very fragrant blooms, but ever since I planted them in my
yard, they have not bloomed. Is there anything I need to do (any
particular type of fertilizer) to get them to bloom. I have read pink
jasmines grow well in Austin.
Thanks,
RR

If it's Confederate Jasmine it only blooms in spring, I believe.

[email protected] 05-07-2007 04:59 AM

pink jasmine

I read somewhere also that they force a lot of plants to bloom early
via lights and such so that they sell better. So that may have
something to do with it,
Anita

jOhN 05-07-2007 11:56 AM

pink jasmine

wrote:
I planted some pink jasmines in my yard. They are growing very well,
but I don't see any blooms. When I bought them from Home Depot they
had some very fragrant blooms, but ever since I planted them in my
yard, they have not bloomed. Is there anything I need to do (any
particular type of fertilizer) to get them to bloom. I have read pink
jasmines grow well in Austin.
Thanks,
RR

Is this it? A spring bloomer.