Old 26-07-2007, 05:38 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default "oldhickory" was correct, was Honeybees!!!

No problem. Clint was my only "crush" as a kid (btw, Old Hickory was my
Dad's e-mail nickname, I'm a female) I think I got over him when I was 12 or
so but I still dug his movies. My favorite was (don't laugh) "Paint Your
Wagon".

After "growing up" I never understood the celebrity adoration thing. They're
just people. They happen to be good at what they do but I never thought
that made them worthy of worship more than friends and neighbors that I
admire. I guess I'm sort of unusual that way.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"cat daddy" wrote in message
Many pardons, you're correct. All this time, I thought it was from "Two
Mules For Sister Sara ", where Clint Eastwood didn't want to bury the the
bandits who were assaulting Shirley MacLaine.

Sister, raise your eyes to heaven. (noticing buzzards circling)
Now, are they or are they not God's creatures?
- Of course they are. -
Why rob them of this nourishment?

"oldhickory" wrote in message
too easy...Outlaw Josey Wales...

Old 26-07-2007, 05:16 PM posted to austin.gardening

Clint's westerns are still among my favourites. So many great lines and
he exudes "cool". Kind of odd considering he's mostly a killer.......but, a
justified one.
"Pale Rider" and "Play Misty for Me" (non-western) are my faves.
I work around "celebs", and the biggest ones are usually pretty normal
and react well to being treated that way. The wannabes are a pain and
probably putting on a front to mask their insecurity. And some never had to
"grow up" and they act that way.

Old 26-07-2007, 05:55 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Well, if y'all remember TV back in the fifties, let me just say....

I never liked that Clint Eastwood. He was always too Rowdy.

Dt
("Head 'em up; move 'em out!")

"cat daddy" wrote in message

Many pardons, you're correct. All this time, I thought it was from

"Two

Mules For Sister Sara ", where Clint Eastwood didn't want to bury the

the

bandits who were assaulting Shirley MacLaine.

Sister, raise your eyes to heaven. (noticing buzzards circling)
Now, are they or are they not God's creatures?
- Of course they are. -
Why rob them of this nourishment?

"oldhickory" wrote in message
.. .

too easy...Outlaw Josey Wales...

Old 27-07-2007, 03:15 AM posted to austin.gardening

Well oldtimer, good thing Clint ain't around. I notice when he gets to
disliking someone, they ain't around for long .....

Rawhide........ heyah!