Old 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Default HUGE BIN FILE What is this?

"Steven Swaim" wrote in message
I have a volunteer plant that came up this year and resembles a
mimosa but isn't.
I is almost 10' tall and yesterday bloomed with a yellow one day
flower.
Here are 3 pictures of the plant.
thanks in advance.
Steven

It looks to me like a huge bin' picture posted in a text only news
group.
Bob

Old 09-08-2007, 01:19 PM posted to austin.gardening

yep, I think you called it. Locked me up....

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:20 PM posted to austin.gardening

ps, from the description, it sounds like a kind of acacia. I had one a few
years ago.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:51 PM posted to austin.gardening

I apologize, I did not know this was a text only group.
On the positive side a neighbor looked at the plant this morning and said it
was a rattlebush which is posionious.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesbania_drummondii

Old 09-08-2007, 07:00 PM posted to austin.gardening

thanks for posting the link--very cool!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.