Old 19-08-2007, 07:13 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default passionflower - how to sprout?

Any first-hand info on how to start passionflower from seed? I filched
a past-use-by fruit, allowed it to ferment on my counter. Now it has
dried to leather and I've harvested the seeds, which fall into two
categories: greenish and nearly black. I presume hte black ones are
more mature and will therefore be more likely to sprout.

Do I need to soak and score these things to help them sprout? Toss them
in moist potting soil and leave them alone? Wet paper towel method? Other?
Old 19-08-2007, 07:29 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

Any first-hand info on how to start passionflower from seed? I filched
a past-use-by fruit, allowed it to ferment on my counter. Now it has
dried to leather and I've harvested the seeds, which fall into two
categories: greenish and nearly black. I presume hte black ones are
more mature and will therefore be more likely to sprout.

Do I need to soak and score these things to help them sprout? Toss them
in moist potting soil and leave them alone? Wet paper towel method? Other?

Did a quick google, found this:

http://www.prairiemoon.com/store/tem...hp?IID=1776&=0
1e83d27881bcab347ad7553b503faeb

It appears they benefit from stratification.

Good luck! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 19-08-2007, 09:35 PM posted to austin.gardening

Omelet wrote:

It appears they benefit from stratification.

Unless you read some other websites that say otherwise.

Hence why I asked for first-hand reports I have two dozen "ripe"
seeds, I'll try four different methods and see which does best.
Old 20-08-2007, 08:23 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

Omelet wrote:

It appears they benefit from stratification.

Unless you read some other websites that say otherwise.

Hence why I asked for first-hand reports I have two dozen "ripe"
seeds, I'll try four different methods and see which does best.

Mine have never bourn fruit, sorry! :-)

Please report?
--
Peace, Om