Old 23-08-2007, 01:26 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Help!! Moderator Needed

Is there not a moderator that can keep this forum from being hijacked?

Old 23-08-2007, 02:02 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Aug 22, 9:45 pm, Steve Wertz wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:26:23 -0700,
wrote:

I guess I'm the only one seeing a bunch of posts about someone being
persecuted. Sorry.

I don't see anything unusual. This is one of the most behaved
and spam-free groups I read. At least that's how it appears on
my news servers...

ObGardenBugs: Is there a bumper crop of lightening bugs this
year? Mid-May to mid-June, sure, but the last week of August?

-sw

Old 23-08-2007, 02:18 PM posted to austin.gardening

oups.com...
wrote:

I guess I'm the only one seeing a bunch of posts about someone being
persecuted. Sorry.

MI5 has been around for years and seems to eventually show up in every
newsgroup. Ignore him.

BTW, he also has a website. :-)

http://www.mi5.com/

Old 23-08-2007, 02:20 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article .com,
wrote:

Is there not a moderator that can keep this forum from being hijacked?

Learn to use killfiles.

Oh. You are using Google Groups.

Nevermind...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 23-08-2007, 03:17 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Aug 23, 9:03 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
I've had "mi5" in my killfile for years. I highly recommend you figure
out how to filter...

It seems my newsserver at home filters him automatically. It boggles
my mind that Google groups woulnd't do the same. Flooding newsgroups
is considered a no-no in usenet.

Victor, posting from google

Old 24-08-2007, 03:47 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Steve Wertz wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:17:54 -0000, Victor Martinez wrote:

On Aug 23, 9:03 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
I've had "mi5" in my killfile for years. I highly recommend you figure
out how to filter...

It seems my newsserver at home filters him automatically.

I don't see them on the AT&T/SBC/Prodigy servers.

It boggles my mind that Google groups woulnd't do the same.
Flooding newsgroups is considered a no-no in usenet.

You should see the hundreds of thousands of Nike/Rebook
Sneaker-spam that's been flooding all the other groups for weeks.
All from Google Groups.

I have most everything from Google killfiled according to
Message-ID. If it came from Google, it's trash. Google really
is the shits for letting that happen.

-sw

Rather than filtering GoogleGroups, I just set filters to kill anything
with "Nike" or "Sneaker(s)" in the subject headers. I've seen nary a one
since.

Oh, and "tiffany".

sigh
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 24-08-2007, 10:43 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Steve Wertz wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:47:21 -0500, Omelet wrote:

Rather than filtering GoogleGroups, I just set filters to kill anything
with "Nike" or "Sneaker(s)" in the subject headers. I've seen nary a one
since.

99% of google posts are complete trash. Just kill ti *all*. I'm
not chasing filters around every day.

-sw

I understand, but I hate to kill out any legit posters that have
newsfeed problems.

I've had to resort to google groups myself in the past, so probably have
a bit of empathy for it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.