GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Holiday horticulture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/168152-holiday-horticulture.html)

jOhN 22-12-2007 03:54 AM

Holiday horticulture

The next 11 days are going to be filled with dirty fingernails, sore
backs, wood smoke, etc.

Yippee!

[email protected] 22-12-2007 02:24 PM

Holiday horticulture

On Dec 21, 9:54 pm, jOhN wrote:
The next 11 days are going to be filled with dirty fingernails, sore
backs, wood smoke, etc.

Yippee!

Sounds like my next four days. I am redoing my front yard. What's you
doing?

jOhN 22-12-2007 09:25 PM

Holiday horticulture

wrote:
On Dec 21, 9:54 pm, jOhN wrote:

The next 11 days are going to be filled with dirty fingernails, sore
backs, wood smoke, etc.

Yippee!

Sounds like my next four days. I am redoing my front yard. What's you
doing?

Retaining wall featuring about 2 tons of those concrete trapezoid shaped
blocks and the dirt moving to go with it, a 50ft section of split rail
fence, chainsaw work on some cut trees, assorted planting bed
maintenance, tiller action and dirt hauling for 12 x 16 garden
plot.......whew! now I'm tired and need a beer and a nap ;-)

Omelet 23-12-2007 01:34 AM

Holiday horticulture

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 21, 9:54 pm, jOhN wrote:

The next 11 days are going to be filled with dirty fingernails, sore
backs, wood smoke, etc.

Yippee!

Sounds like my next four days. I am redoing my front yard. What's you
doing?

Retaining wall featuring about 2 tons of those concrete trapezoid shaped
blocks and the dirt moving to go with it, a 50ft section of split rail
fence, chainsaw work on some cut trees, assorted planting bed
maintenance, tiller action and dirt hauling for 12 x 16 garden
plot.......whew! now I'm tired and need a beer and a nap ;-)

Well done! :-)

Want to come over here and shovel dirt? g
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

jOhN 23-12-2007 09:52 AM

Holiday horticulture

Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:54:02 GMT, jOhN wrote:

The next 11 days are going to be filled with dirty fingernails, sore
backs, wood smoke, etc.

How's that charcoal working out for you?

-sw

Super - I'm glad some of your posts alerted me to it. Does a great job
and $2.99/bag whoopee!

Did you see the Dirty Jobs show where Mike worked at a wood charcoal
mill? That looked like it took five years off the life of his lungs.

[email protected] 23-12-2007 02:29 PM

Holiday horticulture

What did you use the charcoal for?

We have to redo our retaining wall also. Hopefully we will get it done
this coming year.

Good luck,
and
Happy Holidays Everyone,
Anita

jOhN 23-12-2007 07:25 PM

Holiday horticulture & OT charcoal talk

wrote:
What did you use the charcoal for?

We have to redo our retaining wall also. Hopefully we will get it done
this coming year.

Good luck,
and
Happy Holidays Everyone,
Anita

We should have put OT on the charcoal talk. Home Depot had some closeout
prices on natural hardwood charcoal a few weeks back and Sqwertz alerted
me to it. i bought about 20 bags to feed by grilling/smoking addiction.