GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   trimming loquats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/171200-trimming-loquats.html)

cc 18-02-2008 09:58 PM

trimming loquats

is it OK to trim loquats right now, in Texas? not concerned with
subsequent flowering, way overgrown, gotta reduce

cat daddy 19-02-2008 02:14 AM

trimming loquats

"cc" wrote in message
is it OK to trim loquats right now, in Texas? not concerned with
subsequent flowering, way overgrown, gotta reduce

I'd say yes. Pruning after production is recommended and that would be
now. I just read some sites that said to keep it pruned of small suckers
year around and even prune the fruit and flowers to make bigger fruit. I
don't think you can damage it, especially if you don't care for the fruit.
I've pruned some babies down to the ground and they keep coming back.