Old 23-03-2008, 04:16 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default what is going on with my broccoli

I'm in central Texas. It's been a fairly mild spring. This is a new garden I
setup this year in the west part of the lawn. I added some organic matter
but he soil still has a lot of clay. The plants get about 6 to 8 hours of
full sun. I've kept them well watered. I dont know much about gardening but
I think broccoli should have nice dence edible buds. The onions in the back
part of the picture are doing fine. The broccoli does not look healthy to
me.

"Mr. Green" wrote in message
. ..
any ideas? thanks

Old 23-03-2008, 05:28 AM posted to austin.gardening

Mr. Green wrote:
part of the picture are doing fine. The broccoli does not look healthy to
me.

It's the end of broccoli season here in Central Texas.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 23-03-2008, 08:02 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Mr. Green" wrote in message
. ..
I'm in central Texas. It's been a fairly mild spring. This is a new garden
I setup this year in the west part of the lawn. I added some organic
matter but he soil still has a lot of clay. The plants get about 6 to 8
hours of full sun. I've kept them well watered. I dont know much about
gardening but I think broccoli should have nice dence edible buds. The
onions in the back part of the picture are doing fine. The broccoli does
not look healthy to me.

"Mr. Green" wrote in message
. ..
any ideas? thanks

Broccoli is cool weather crop that is usually planted in the fall. I plant
in September. I harvest what I want, then let the plant go to flower. It
has the prettiest yellow flowers that attracts tons of bees.

Old 24-03-2008, 03:32 AM posted to austin.gardening

"mary anne" wrote in message
. net...

"Mr. Green" wrote in message
. ..
I'm in central Texas. It's been a fairly mild spring. This is a new
garden I setup this year in the west part of the lawn. I added some
organic matter but he soil still has a lot of clay. The plants get about
6 to 8 hours of full sun. I've kept them well watered. I dont know much
about gardening but I think broccoli should have nice dence edible buds.
The onions in the back part of the picture are doing fine. The broccoli
does not look healthy to me.

"Mr. Green" wrote in message
. ..
any ideas? thanks

Broccoli is cool weather crop that is usually planted in the fall. I
plant in September. I harvest what I want, then let the plant go to
flower. It has the prettiest yellow flowers that attracts tons of bees.

Where do you get your plants from?
most of the local places do not have them

Old 24-03-2008, 03:54 AM posted to austin.gardening

Rulf wrote:
Where do you get your plants from?
most of the local places do not have them

Natural gardener sells them for sure. In the fall/late summer.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 24-03-2008, 04:58 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Rulf wrote:
Where do you get your plants from?
most of the local places do not have them

Natural gardener sells them for sure. In the fall/late summer.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

We have a feed store that always has a great selection of fall and spring
plants...I live in matagorda county and
most places like the feed store and Sutherlands have a nice variety of
plants. Wal-Mart gets them also but the feed store and Sutherland get their
much much earlier than walmart.