Old 22-04-2003, 06:08 PM
N. Woolley

Default Bright Leaf State Natural Area Open House Sunday

This will be a fun event this weekend. Bright Leaf is in
central/northwest Austin. It's the empty space on an Austin map just
northwest of Camp Mabry. The park is not open to the public yet (pending
development), but there is an open house this weekend. Families are very
welcome.

Bright Leaf guided hikes are also available by appointment for groups
such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, school groups, or even a group of
friends. Just call and we'll arrange a hike. The Friends group also
gives hikes twice a month that are open to the public - check at the
websites below for dates and times.

-Nancy Woolley
Friends of Bright Leaf

Bright Leaf State Natural Area
Open House

Visit this urban jewel in Austin,
Recently featured on KXAN’s “Out on the Porch”
Sunday, April 27th
From 2:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon

• There will be guided hikes available, varying in length from 30
minutes to 2 hours long.
• Children will have fun at the activity table just for them.
• Refreshments will be available.

Directions to the park:
The Bright Leaf parking lot is off 2222, between Mopac and 360.
From Mopac, go west on 2222 and go past the light at Mesa. The next

street is Creek Mountain Road (before you get to Mt. Bonnell Rd.). Take
a left on to Creek Mountain Rd. and go straight until the road curves to
the right. Follow the road and on the left will be a green gate to the
parking lot.

For More Information:
Call Jeff Hershey, Park Manager 459-7269
Online visit Friends of Bright Leaf at:
Or Texas Parks and Wildlife Department at:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/
and click on the events calendar

Old 26-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Wayfarer

Thanks! I think that is just what I was hoping for this Sunday!

--
Marta
(if you email me directly you need to remove the X )
"N. Woolley" wrote in message
[...]

From 2:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon

• There will be guided hikes available, varying in length from 30
minutes to 2 hours long.
• Children will have fun at the activity table just for them.
• Refreshments will be available.

Directions to the park:
The Bright Leaf parking lot is off 2222, between Mopac and 360.
From Mopac, go west on 2222 and go past the light at Mesa. The next