Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default West Hays County

Saw a write-up in the Wimberley View newspaper yesterday. Seems there's a 6
month moratorium on new major water producers (water wells) in west Hays
county. Affects any new businesses, schools, and churches, not single
family dwellings. A permit is required now to drill any water well. Seems
the aquifers in the area may not support any new major wells. That is more
water may be going out than in them.

TV weather said El Nina is losing it punch. Will result in less rainfall
this spring and summer in central TX area.

--
Dave

Old 01-05-2008, 02:29 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Saw a write-up in the Wimberley View newspaper yesterday. Seems there's a 6
month moratorium on new major water producers (water wells) in west Hays
county. Affects any new businesses, schools, and churches, not single
family dwellings. A permit is required now to drill any water well. Seems
the aquifers in the area may not support any new major wells. That is more
water may be going out than in them.

TV weather said El Nina is losing it punch. Will result in less rainfall
this spring and summer in central TX area.

I'd support it. I live here.

Water prices are so high, I cannot really afford to vegetable garden any
more. :-(

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson
Old 02-05-2008, 05:31 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

[...]

So, tell me about water prices where you live. I pay for the electricity
for the water well pump here, that's it. Very spartan with water use,
however, due to its (water well) dubious rainfall recharge in the summer
months and beyond. Live in west Hays county myself.
--
Dave

Parkinson's disease, not easy to define.
Much less cure.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:53 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

[...]

All I know is that with that and the damned "waste water" bill, it's too
high...

Both go up incrementally with usage.

Last month, water for 4800 ran me $48.34.

Not sure how the hell they are figuring waste water, but they charged me
for 7000 at $67.68.

And another $3.96 for "Drainage".

It's asinine.

I still don't see how I'm using that much water with a yard that is not
being actively watered! And why is "drainage" higher than the total
water use?

I wish there was a way for me to recover gray water.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:31 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

[...]

Many years ago, I lived in east coast Virginia area. They had a similar
charge for wastewater, but no "drainage" charge. Lived in an apartment.
The wastewater in terms of gallons never exceeded the water I paid for in
terms of gallons. It was usually about a third in terms of gallons for
wastewater. Usual use was about 1200 gallons, and 400 gallons of
wastewater.

I'd watch that "drainage" charge if you have a full month of drought this
summer. As, what could be draining? Sounds like they are estimating runoff
from the house to the drainage system at the street. If the "drainage"
charge is the same every month, its a service charge to pay for the hardware
and manpower to maintain street drainage.

Sounds like to me that you should also contact the water provider as to why
the wastewater charge in terms of gallons exceeds the water in terms of
gallons that you use per their water meter.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:56 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Many years ago, I lived in east coast Virginia area. They had a similar
charge for wastewater, but no "drainage" charge. Lived in an apartment.
The wastewater in terms of gallons never exceeded the water I paid for in
terms of gallons. It was usually about a third in terms of gallons for
wastewater. Usual use was about 1200 gallons, and 400 gallons of
wastewater.

I may have to go there in person and bitch about it.
It does not make sense.

I'd watch that "drainage" charge if you have a full month of drought this
summer. As, what could be draining? Sounds like they are estimating runoff
from the house to the drainage system at the street. If the "drainage"
charge is the same every month, its a service charge to pay for the hardware
and manpower to maintain street drainage.

Why should I pay for rainwater drainage?

Sounds like to me that you should also contact the water provider as to why
the wastewater charge in terms of gallons exceeds the water in terms of
gallons that you use per their water meter.

Indeed. Might be a computer glitch.
If so, the city owes me some money back!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson

Press Release from Travis County Master Gardeners-Travis County Extension Servic [email protected] Texas 0 27-03-2006 05:40 PM
If it's not Cows it's the County! Helena Handbasket Bonsai 0 17-06-2003 03:44 PM
Nassau County Aquarium Society (NY) Meeting MRF Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 05-03-2003 02:51 AM
Orange County Show Wendy Orchids 3 03-02-2003 11:13 PM
Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction James Delahanty Roses 1 25-01-2003 04:37 AM