GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Insect identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/176063-insect-identification.html)

charliekilo 19-06-2008 12:58 AM

Insect identification

I don't have a picture to post but I have a bunch ( more than 20 and less
than 100) of these little insects on and around my house.... they appear to
be little cone-shaped bits of yard debris, no more than an inch in height.
There is a little insect inside that inches along or hangs on the eaves of
my house. They also hang from trees on a spider web-like thread. Any ideas?

Omelet[_4_] 19-06-2008 05:50 PM

Insect identification

In article ,
"charliekilo" wrote:

I don't have a picture to post but I have a bunch ( more than 20 and less
than 100) of these little insects on and around my house.... they appear to
be little cone-shaped bits of yard debris, no more than an inch in height.
There is a little insect inside that inches along or hangs on the eaves of
my house. They also hang from trees on a spider web-like thread. Any ideas?

Bagworms. I have a very few of them and just ignore them.

http://woodypests.cas.psu.edu/FactSh...html/Bagworm.h
tml
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

charliekilo 19-06-2008 08:29 PM

Insect identification

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"charliekilo" wrote:

I don't have a picture to post but I have a bunch ( more than 20 and less
than 100) of these little insects on and around my house.... they appear
be little cone-shaped bits of yard debris, no more than an inch in
height.
There is a little insect inside that inches along or hangs on the eaves
of
my house. They also hang from trees on a spider web-like thread. Any
ideas?

Bagworms. I have a very few of them and just ignore them.

http://woodypests.cas.psu.edu/FactSh...html/Bagworm.h
tml
--
Peace! Om

That's it...Thanks!

Omelet[_4_] 20-06-2008 02:58 AM

Insect identification

In article ,
"charliekilo" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"charliekilo" wrote:

I don't have a picture to post but I have a bunch ( more than 20 and less
than 100) of these little insects on and around my house.... they appear
be little cone-shaped bits of yard debris, no more than an inch in
height.
There is a little insect inside that inches along or hangs on the eaves
of
my house. They also hang from trees on a spider web-like thread. Any
ideas?

Bagworms. I have a very few of them and just ignore them.

http://woodypests.cas.psu.edu/FactSh...html/Bagworm.h
tml
--
Peace! Om