Old 26-08-2008, 07:05 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Green Core Tomatoes

It's my first year growing anything edible. I planted two tomato plats.
I started late, but fortunately, one of the plants is still producing
quite well. The tomatoes have very good flavor, but the tops never seem
to ripen and the core is green, tough, and extends to the middle of the
tomato.

Is is just the type of tomato I'm growing (unknown variety) or is there
something I'm not doing right?

Thanx for any suggestions.
Old 27-08-2008, 03:21 AM posted to austin.gardening

ArcherB wrote:
It's my first year growing anything edible. I planted two tomato plats.
I started late, but fortunately, one of the plants is still producing
quite well. The tomatoes have very good flavor, but the tops never seem
to ripen and the core is green, tough, and extends to the middle of the
tomato.

Is is just the type of tomato I'm growing (unknown variety) or is there
something I'm not doing right?

Thanx for any suggestions.

Unknown variety pretty much kills the response
Old 27-08-2008, 05:09 AM posted to austin.gardening

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:21:54 -0500, jOhN wrote:

ArcherB wrote:
It's my first year growing anything edible. I planted two tomato
plats. I started late, but fortunately, one of the plants is still
producing quite well. The tomatoes have very good flavor, but the tops
never seem to ripen and the core is green, tough, and extends to the
middle of the tomato.

Is is just the type of tomato I'm growing (unknown variety) or is there
something I'm not doing right?

Thanx for any suggestions.

Unknown variety pretty much kills the response

While I understand that it could just be a "feature" of a particular
tomato type, I was wondering if there were anything that I am doing or
not doing that could be the cause.