GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mexian fire bush, (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/180257-mexian-fire-bush.html)

[email protected] 11-12-2008 11:24 AM

Mexian fire bush,

Hello Everyone,

Hi my name is Anita and I live in South Austin area.
Is everyone enjoying the cold weather? or are have you been
scrambling to cover your outdoor plants and bringing the others?

Or do you still enjoy it cause its all part of gardening?

I have a Mexican fire bush in my yard that I forgot to cover. And I
fear it might have been severely damaged by the cooler temps?
Any one have any clue as to the hardiness of this plant?

Have a super Thursday!
Anita

Celeste Evans 11-12-2008 05:39 PM

Mexian fire bush,

In article
,
" wrote:

I have a Mexican fire bush in my yard that I forgot to cover. And I
fear it might have been severely damaged by the cooler temps?
Any one have any clue as to the hardiness of this plant?

Have a super Thursday!
Anita

I never cover mine. It does freeze back, but has returned every spring
for many years. It is late breaking dormancy in the spring. So be sure
and wait.

Cea

[email protected] 12-12-2008 12:25 PM

Mexian fire bush,

Thank you,

It gives me peace of mind that I needed.

Anita