Old 25-01-2009, 04:52 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Safety of BT

I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Old 25-01-2009, 05:48 PM posted to austin.gardening

Omelet wrote:
I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

Absolutely.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 26-01-2009, 01:01 AM posted to austin.gardening

Omelet wrote:
I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

That pic was inspirational...............for BT proponents ;-)

Bought some chard seeds last week, it must be some sort of psychic
emanations.

jOhN
Old 26-01-2009, 04:52 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

Omelet wrote:
I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

That pic was inspirational...............for BT proponents ;-)

Indeed. g They did a real number on my plants and I hand-picked the
damned things at dawn every morning when I got home from work. (I work
night shifts).

Bought some chard seeds last week, it must be some sort of psychic
emanations.

jOhN

Could be! Those damned worms eat ten times their weight in greenery
every day, I swear!
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

H.R. 875 Food Safety Act Lilah Morgan[_2_] Edible Gardening 5 31-03-2009 01:12 PM
Pond Safety Tommy United Kingdom 3 17-06-2003 06:44 PM
[IBC] Metal Halides and Safety Ben Griffin Bonsai 1 24-03-2003 01:56 AM
Yet another toxin to be put into GM food without proper testing of its safety Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 0 08-03-2003 09:24 PM
jumpering John Deere safety switch Bill Archibald Lawns 4 07-12-2002 04:04 AM