GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   patio tomato problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/184063-patio-tomato-problem.html)

[email protected] 24-05-2009 05:10 PM

patio tomato problem

I am new to gardening and have a problem with some patio tomatoes. I
have a link below to a photo. Some of the tomatoes have a hole in
them. The perimeter of the hole is smooth so I don't think they are
from birds. Thansk for any help.

http://ryznar.com/patio.jpg

[email protected] 25-05-2009 12:20 PM

patio tomato problem

I think its from tomato worms. Look very carefully (They are green
like the plant) and with a pair tongs or something pull them off and
squash them....

I just got rid of 6 of them the other day , but not before they had
eaten half my plant.
Anita

Paul 25-05-2009 04:20 PM

patio tomato problem

wrote:
I am new to gardening and have a problem with some patio tomatoes. I
have a link below to a photo. Some of the tomatoes have a hole in
them. The perimeter of the hole is smooth so I don't think they are
from birds. Thansk for any help.

http://ryznar.com/patio.jpg

Mocking birds like to peck one hole on each tomato. The tomato then rots.
I am in Katy, also.
I found two solutions to the mbirds:
put out a pan of water so they have something to drink besides tomato juice
get rid of the mbirds