GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please ID this common Austin weed for me? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/187474-please-id-common-austin-weed-me.html)

gdmedia 26-09-2009 07:41 PM

Please ID this common Austin weed for me?

Our backyard is covered with this weed. It is something that is very
common in Austin, as I also see it in other yards and all around the
hike & bike trail. After the recent rains, it just went crazy. Here
are some photos of it, at a baby stage. If someone could tell me what
it is, I would much appreciate it.

Link to photos in gallery (click on thumbnails for larger versions):

http://gallery.me.com/gdmedia1#10021...or=black&sel=5

thanks,
gary / austin

cat daddy 01-10-2009 05:34 PM

"gdmedia" wrote in message
Our backyard is covered with this weed. It is something that is very
common in Austin, as I also see it in other yards and all around the
hike & bike trail. After the recent rains, it just went crazy. Here
are some photos of it, at a baby stage. If someone could tell me what
it is, I would much appreciate it.

Link to photos in gallery (click on thumbnails for larger versions):

http://gallery.me.com/gdmedia1#10021...or=black&sel=5

It's one of the 900 species of oxalis, or wood sorrel.