Old 28-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Gene S

Default WTB: truckload of topsoil delivered to Georgetown

Want to buy a large truck load of good top soil delivered to
Georgetown. Need soil to build an elevated garden.

If anyone knows where to go to get the
best deal, please post it here :-)

THANKS,
Gene

--
E-mail:

Old 29-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Robbin

Default truckload of topsoil delivered to Georgetown

I don't think there is such a thing as buying "topsoil", much less "good top
soil". You can get things like sandy loam, but it's not going to have
organic matter in it, and if it does, it will be stickers and johnson grass
(oh yeah, and fire ants).

Now, if you want some good soil to build an elevated bed, that's a different
matter. Cheap -- NO! Anyway, if I were investing my time in this project and
wanted the garden to be productive, I would buy Garden Mix from The Natural
Gardener. I priced it for my place outside of Leander as this is a project I
am also working on. It is $36.95 per yard, delivery is $55 up to 25 miles.
Going out 183, that ends at the the intersection of Cypress Creek and 183.
After that, it is $2.50 per loaded mile. There is a 3 yard minumum on
delivery, and the truck holds up to 12 yards.

It's not cheap, but I've used it before. This is high quality stuff and the
garden will prosper.