GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Baby Dove (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/22971-baby-dove.html)

Mark A. Luna 17-05-2003 07:20 PM

Baby Dove

I now this is not the right newsgroup, but I was hoping someone could give
me some advice on what I should do with a baby dove I found. Any chance of
taking care of it until it can fly?

Mark

Dewitt 17-05-2003 08:32 PM

Baby Dove

On Sat, 17 May 2003 18:28:25 GMT, "Mark A. Luna"
wrote:

I now this is not the right newsgroup, but I was hoping someone could give
me some advice on what I should do with a baby dove I found. Any chance of
taking care of it until it can fly?

Mark

Call Wildlife Rescue ( http://www.wildliferescue.citysearch.com/) at
472-WILD.

deg

Robbin 18-05-2003 04:44 AM

Baby Dove

If it is a fledgling, then the parents were taking care of it until you
found it. Never try to help a baby bird that is trying to learn to fly!
Depending on how long ago you "found" it, I would return it to where you
found it ASAP.

. ..

animaux 18-05-2003 01:32 PM

Baby Dove

Chances are it's a fledgling and it is already being taught by its parents how
to fly or eat, or whatever else. There is a period of time between when they
fledged and when they can get out of harms way, where they are absolutely in
some danger. You can always go to rec.birds where they have many great people
who know a lot about wild birds.

Victoria