Old 20-02-2003, 08:52 PM
animaux

Default Is something like this useful?

For 13 dollars plus shipping, you can buy two soaker hoses, 50 feet long each.
If you want to use old soda bottles, make a few small holes at the bottom and
you will get the exact same slow, low in the soil soak.

BTW, are you one of the many people I sent seeds to? I sent out so many and one
person wrote to tell me they got the seeds.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:18:08 GMT, Karen wrote:

Karen wrote in
:

These look interesting. Do you think they'd help during the
summer? Has anyone tried these?

Obviously watering isn't a problem today...

Karen

How embarrassing! I forgot to include the link:
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...822&CMP=IL8895

Old 21-02-2003, 09:35 PM
J Kolenovsky

animaux wrote:
=

For 13 dollars plus shipping, you can buy two soaker hoses, 50 feet lon=

g each.
If you want to use old soda bottles, make a few small holes at the bott=

om and
you will get the exact same slow, low in the soil soak.
=

BTW, are you one of the many people I sent seeds to?

That was very kind of you.

I sent out so many and only one
person wrote to tell me they got the seeds.

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html
Old 25-02-2003, 03:42 PM
J Kolenovsky

animaux wrote:
=

For 13 dollars plus shipping, you can buy two soaker hoses, 50 feet lon=

g each.
If you want to use old soda bottles, make a few small holes at the bott=

om and
you will get the exact same slow, low in the soil soak.
=

BTW, are you one of the many people I sent seeds to? I sent out so man=

y and one
person wrote to tell me they got the seeds.

I have done the same and didn't get responses. Even left voice mails
couple of times. More important things to do than follow up on seeds. I
leave the ball in their court. Regardless of if they requested or if I
just volunteered to send the seeds, that was good enough for me and I
leave it at that. Hopefully they'l plant the seeds. National Home
Gardening has a seed swap column in it. On those instances that people
requested particlar ones, I'd send them. Reply ratio was about 50%. I
think thats just how it goes. Email is in
the same category.
=

Old 25-02-2003, 07:01 PM
animaux

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:42:18 -0600, J Kolenovsky wrote:

I have done the same and didn't get responses. Even left voice mails
couple of times. More important things to do than follow up on seeds. I
leave the ball in their court. Regardless of if they requested or if I
just volunteered to send the seeds, that was good enough for me and I
leave it at that. Hopefully they'l plant the seeds. National Home
Gardening has a seed swap column in it. On those instances that people
requested particlar ones, I'd send them. Reply ratio was about 50%. I
think thats just how it goes. Email is in
the same category.

I have much more decorum than to accept something and not let the person who
sent them know I received, whatever it is. I'm not looking for thanks, just to
be told if they received. I suppose most people are far to blase to send notes
of receipt these days. Sad, really.
Old 25-02-2003, 07:54 PM
J Kolenovsky

animaux wrote:
=

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:42:18 -0600, J Kolenovsky wr=

ote:
=

I have done the same and didn't get responses. Even left voice mails
couple of times. More important things to do than follow up on seeds. =

leave the ball in their court. Regardless of if they requested or if I=

just volunteered to send the seeds, that was good enough for me and I
leave it at that. Hopefully they'l plant the seeds. National Home
Gardening has a seed swap column in it. On those instances that people=

requested particlar ones, I'd send them. Reply ratio was about 50%. I
think thats just how it goes. Email is in
the same category.

=

I have much more decorum

Mine is gratitude and thankfulness.
than to accept something and not let the person who
sent them know I received, whatever it is. I'm not looking for thanks,=

just to
be told if they received.

People do not confirm completed actions actions.
I suppose most people are far to blase to send notes
of receipt these days.

Exactly. Its that gratification thing. Don't forget verbal compliments
and thanks, too. When I walk in to get waited on, I rarely get, "Hi. Can
I help you?" anymore. =

Sad, really.

Very true. Sad because thats how people have generally trended. BUT,
I'll still say thank you, confirm actions and show appreciativeness,
regardless of the sate of things. Maybe I can convert one or two.
-- =