GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Time to set out St. Augustine sod? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/2375-time-set-out-st-augustine-sod.html)

Sam 23-02-2003 08:52 PM

Time to set out St. Augustine sod?

I need to sod my back yard with St. Augustine. I wonder if this is
too early to set out sod? I know St. Augustine is hardy but maybe not
when it has not established itself? Thanks for any shared knowledge.
Sam

animaux 23-02-2003 10:49 PM

On 23 Feb 2003 12:52:41 -0800, (Sam) wrote:

I need to sod my back yard with St. Augustine. I wonder if this is
too early to set out sod? I know St. Augustine is hardy but maybe not
when it has not established itself? Thanks for any shared knowledge.
Sam

Our St. Augustine was installed in December, in the year we bought the house,
new. It is a fine time to lay it, roll it out and keep it watered if it doesn't
rain. I mean really water it in. It is dormant now so it will not suffer if we
have a late frost or other inclement weather.

Victoria