GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jerusalem artichoke? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/2385-jerusalem-artichoke.html)

Gilbert Garcia 28-02-2003 04:34 AM

Jerusalem artichoke?

Has anyone grown any of the sunflowers with edible rhysomes, the
Jerusalem artichoke or Maximillian sunflower? Are they available for
sale locally?

animaux 28-02-2003 02:30 PM

Jerusalem artichoke?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:34:06 GMT, Gilbert Garcia
wrote:

Has anyone grown any of the sunflowers with edible rhysomes, the
Jerusalem artichoke or Maximillian sunflower? Are they available for
sale locally?

I've grown Maxmillion, it's a perennial. Mine towers up to 10+ feet every year.
I bought it at Barton Springs Garden Center. I also bought a Jerusalem sage
just yesterday, but I don't think it's the plant with the edible rhizomes.
You'd have to check, since I'm sure Jerusalem Sage is a common name, not a
botanical name.

Victoria