GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Veggie Tonic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/28631-veggie-tonic.html)

G a e X a v i e r 24-05-2003 10:32 PM

Veggie Tonic

TIMELY TONIC

To stimulate growth of your late season vegetable plants, mix up a batch
of my Veggie Tonic:

• 2 tbsp. of Epsom salts,
• 1 tsp. of baby shampoo, and
• 1 gallon of water.

Liberally soak the soil around your vegetable plants with this tonic as
they flower. You’ll be amazed at the results!

This is another of Jerry Baker's from his website. Anyone know why this
is good. I know that elderly people use baby shampoo on their eyelashes
to stop dandruff, but what it does for plants -- I am clueless. Maybe it
attaches the Epsom salts to the roots...?

http://www.jerrybaker.com/

Best -- Gae