GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID these plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/35748-id-these-plants.html)

Hane 07-07-2003 03:23 PM

ID these plants?

This is embarrassing. Obviously I had a seed packet
but I can't find it and don't recognize what this is.
I need to transplant them soon! LOL
I THINK it's a flower plant.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/snippets/whatsit.jpg

Thanks.

h-

N. Woolley 07-07-2003 04:11 PM

ID these plants?

Hibiscus?

-Nancy

N. Woolley 07-07-2003 04:13 PM

ID these plants?

Hibiscus?

-Nancy

Catbird 07-07-2003 06:23 PM

ID these plants?

"Hane" wrote in message
. ..
This is embarrassing. Obviously I had a seed packet
but I can't find it and don't recognize what this is.
I need to transplant them soon! LOL
I THINK it's a flower plant.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/snippets/whatsit.jpg

Thanks.

h-

Senseifergot itsasurprisius?

They are more common than you think.
--
Catbird

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope

Hane 08-07-2003 02:20 PM

ID these plants?

"chris" wrote in message
Papaya

That's very close! But the photos of leaves I found via google all radiate
from the center and these hang to one side of their stem. I do remember trying
some papaya seeds a while back but I wouldn't put them in a dish like this.
I'd use one of my 6pks... I think.

I guess I'll put them in pots until I discover if they're trees or shrubs.

Thanks for the help.

h-

. ..

Hane 08-07-2003 02:20 PM

ID these plants?

"N. Woolley" wrote in message
Hibiscus?

-Nancy

No, hibiscus have rounder leaves and I propagate them from cuttings.

Hane 08-07-2003 02:20 PM

ID these plants?

"Catbird" wrote in message
.. .

Senseifergot itsasurprisius?

They are more common than you think.

I'm going to make a label with this designation. Thanks!

N. Woolley 08-07-2003 11:19 PM

ID these plants?

But Texas Star Hibiscus (not tropical hibiscus)leaves are similar to
those in the photo.

Found a good picture on the net-
http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/1693/

-Nancy

N. Woolley 08-07-2003 11:19 PM

ID these plants?

Well, I looked back at the original photo. Not a Texas Star Hibiscus. So
much for my guess.

-Nancy