GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anybody ID a house plant for me? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/39297-anybody-id-house-plant-me.html)

DT 04-08-2003 04:05 PM

Anybody ID a house plant for me?

My GF received this plant as a gift; we were told it's "monkey jade". I
can't find anything by that name on the 'net.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/d.tilson...onkeyjade1.jpg
https://webspace.utexas.edu/d.tilson...onkeyjade2.jpg

Right now, it's about 6" tall, 8" wide. The stems or leaves feel solid,
but they end in a little "hollow" on the end, except for two or three
where the hollow has expanded into almost a spoon shape. Shiny, dark
green, but not quite as dark as the darker picture (didn't have a lot of
time to straighten it out).

Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

Dale
(BTW, Victoria's segment on CTG was rerun Saturday. Very nice! I'm
definitely stealing that "ungardener" line. ;-) )

DT 04-08-2003 04:32 PM

DT wrote:

My GF received this plant as a gift; we were told it's "monkey jade". I
can't find anything by that name on the 'net.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/d.tilson...onkeyjade1.jpg
https://webspace.utexas.edu/d.tilson...onkeyjade2.jpg

Nevermind! It's "trumpet jade", or crassula gollum. Love the name!

Dale