GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Native American Seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/40536-native-american-seed.html)

J Kolenovsky 16-08-2003 03:32 AM

Native American Seed

They now have rootstock on selected items. I bought some Eastern
Gamagrass rootstock and man, it is healhty and growingiiinnnggg!
http://www.nativeamericanseed.com

JK
-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

Terry Horton 16-08-2003 07:42 PM

Native American Seed

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:05:34 -0500, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

They now have rootstock on selected items. I bought some Eastern
Gamagrass rootstock and man, it is healhty and growingiiinnnggg!
http://www.nativeamericanseed.com

JK

About how many plants come in a bunch? And thanks so much for the FYI.

J Kolenovsky 18-08-2003 05:37 AM

Native American Seed

Sorry, I got busy and hadn't checked in a few days. Rootstock was 3 big
ones (14.95) that I divided in to 8 and they all took off. They also
have Big Bluestem, Aster, Goldenrod and Mazimillian Sunflower.

I called them and told them they have good rootstock. They said it's a
new product line. =

J. Kolenovsky =

=

=

animaux 18-08-2003 02:22 PM

Native American Seed

These plants can all be found locally, and MUCH cheaper. I've seen all of these
named plants at The Natural Gardener, Barton Springs Garden Center, Park Place
Gardens, Gardens on 38th or is it 35th?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:07:19 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

J Kolenovsky 19-08-2003 10:32 PM

Native American Seed

Good. They can't in Houston.

I'm sharing my Houston knowledge with Austin.

You people who want to, buy them locally in Austin.

You people that don't, order them from
=

http://www.nativeamericanseed.com. =

Terry, thank you for asking and being an understanding

person and real in your perspective. =

JK

=

Terry Horton 20-08-2003 02:12 PM

Native American Seed

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:16:42 GMT, animaux wrote:

These plants can all be found locally, and MUCH cheaper. I've seen all of these
named plants at The Natural Gardener, Barton Springs Garden Center, Park Place
Gardens, Gardens on 38th or is it 35th?

Looking for gamagrass in particular. It's real hit and miss to find
some of these more obscure species. Maybe I'll call the Natural
Gardener tomorrow... thanks for the suggestions.

animaux 20-08-2003 03:42 PM

Native American Seed

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:09:08 GMT, (Terry Horton) opined:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:16:42 GMT, animaux wrote:

These plants can all be found locally, and MUCH cheaper. I've seen all of these
named plants at The Natural Gardener, Barton Springs Garden Center, Park Place
Gardens, Gardens on 38th or is it 35th?

Looking for gamagrass in particular. It's real hit and miss to find
some of these more obscure species. Maybe I'll call the Natural
Gardener tomorrow... thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, a lot of the smaller garden centers can get most of this stuff, if it's
not readily available. Call around.

Rusty Mase 20-08-2003 04:12 PM

Native American Seed

Horton) wrote:

Looking for gamagrass in particular. It's real hit and miss to find
some of these more obscure species. Maybe I'll call the Natural
Gardener tomorrow... thanks for the suggestions.

You are welcome to dig some out of my yard. I use it around my septic
system drain field as it has a high water usage potential and good
drought tolerance.

Rusty Mase

Terry Horton 20-08-2003 09:02 PM

Native American Seed

Horton) wrote:

Looking for gamagrass in particular. It's real hit and miss to find
some of these more obscure species. Maybe I'll call the Natural
Gardener tomorrow... thanks for the suggestions.

You are welcome to dig some out of my yard. I use it around my septic
system drain field as it has a high water usage potential and good
drought tolerance.

Already placed my order, but thanks very much anyway.