GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   aerating and/or top-dressing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/42656-aerating-top-dressing.html)

Lucy 10-09-2003 02:18 AM

aerating and/or top-dressing

Hi!
When is the best time of year to aerate and our top dress (compost?
dillo-dirt?) our lawn? The lawn was new the summer of 2001 and we have
never done either to it.

Thanks!
Lucy

Robbin 10-09-2003 07:33 AM

aerating and/or top-dressing

I think that this would be a good time as we still have a couple of months
of growing season.

.. .

animaux 10-09-2003 01:22 PM

aerating and/or top-dressing

Spring or fall is optimal. So, now would be perfect. We have a man come and
aerate for us. He charges 40 dollars front and back.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:58:59 GMT, "Lucy" opined:

Beerbuoy 10-09-2003 02:12 PM

aerating and/or top-dressing

Spring or fall is optimal. So, now would be perfect. We have a man come and
aerate for us. He charges 40 dollars front and back.

that's not bad. mind giving up the name?

roy

animaux 11-09-2003 02:22 PM

aerating and/or top-dressing

On 10 Sep 2003 13:08:20 GMT, (Beerbuoy) opined:

Spring or fall is optimal. So, now would be perfect. We have a man come and
aerate for us. He charges 40 dollars front and back.

that's not bad. mind giving up the name?

roy

Sure. His is Mike Stangle and his business phone number is 619-5302. He is a
very nice guy and he does an excellent job and has fair prices. He does use a
core aerator, which is optimal.

victoria

J Kolenovsky 28-09-2003 02:39 AM

aerating and/or top-dressing

Use compost after aerating. You will be amazed come this time next year.

Lucy wrote:
=

Hi!
When is the best time of year to aerate and our top dress (compost?
dillo-dirt?) our lawn? The lawn was new the summer of 2001 and we have=

never done either to it.
=

Thanks!
Lucy