Old 13-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Gene

Default Racoons eating pecans

I saw the funniest thing last night, a family of raccoons
methodically eating the fallen pecans. They were cracking
and eating them. I have never seen that before, I always
thought that it was the tree rats eating them. Guess we will
have to make a few coon-skin caps:-)

--
eMail:

Old 13-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Texensis

"Gene" wrote in message
| I saw the funniest thing last night, a family of raccoons
| methodically eating the fallen pecans. They were cracking
| and eating them. I have never seen that before, I always
| thought that it was the tree rats eating them. Guess we will
| have to make a few coon-skin caps:-)
|
| --
| eMail:

It's always funny to see the bluejays cracking them by hammering them
against a tree branch or on a sidewalk, also.

Old 13-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Gary Brady

My wife cracked pecans on our back porch and let the shells fall on the porch.
Ever so often she would sweep the shells into the flower beds for mulch. In
between sweepings, racoons would come up on the porch and pilfer through the
shells and make sure nothing was missed. They also untied the bag and helped
themselves to fresh pecans. They're fairly efficient shellers.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Racoons and squirrels eating avocados Newgene McMensa Gardening 15 22-01-2017 12:59 AM
Pecans in a pasture ? Gloria Gardening 16 09-11-2003 02:02 AM
Racoons eating pecans Gene Texas 2 03-11-2003 06:03 PM
racoons on top of bird feeder jim wheeler North Carolina 11 16-06-2003 07:05 PM
Racoons/Skunks Ben Tuinman Gardening 2 31-03-2003 06:08 PM