GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Germination of Flameleaf acanthus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/49963-germination-flameleaf-acanthus.html)

animaux 09-01-2004 04:04 AM

Germination of Flameleaf acanthus

I collected seeds and am going to grow these plants. Has anyone had any
experience with them?

Greg C 13-01-2004 12:34 AM

Germination of Flameleaf acanthus

I assume you mean flame acanthus?

Easy to grow. Our hummers preffered salvia. Self sows readily.

GC

animaux 13-01-2004 03:36 AM

Germination of Flameleaf acanthus

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:31:36 GMT, "Greg C" opined:

I assume you mean flame acanthus?

Easy to grow. Our hummers preffered salvia. Self sows readily.

GC

Yes, I meant flame acanthus. Hummingbirds flocked to mine, and the salvia in
the yard. I had one plant close up to the house and I'd sit there and wait for
the hummingbirds to come in the morning. I could get a few feet away. Next
spring I am going to sit there with a hand feeder with nectar in it and hope to
get them to drink from it out of my hand. I got pretty close last year.