GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need help with a royal palm (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/50632-need-help-royal-palm.html)

Michelle 20-01-2004 04:18 AM

need help with a royal palm

I am having trouble with a royal palm I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong I keep it moist and in a some what sunny location in my living
room but it seems that even though it has moist soil the frawns/
leaves are dried out at the ends and are browning how do you care
for a small palm tree

Michelle
"lLove is tyhe water in the garden of life

animaux 20-01-2004 03:03 PM

need help with a royal palm

Palms kept indoors are very prone to spider mites. Give your palm a very good,
luke warm shower. Now do that every day. OR, it is way too dry in your home
for a palm tree or you are overwatering it.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:49:36 -0500, Michelle opined:

B-0b1 25-01-2004 04:35 PM

need help with a royal palm

Michelle wrote:

I am having trouble with a royal palm I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong I keep it moist and in a some what sunny location in my living
room but it seems that even though it has moist soil the frawns/
leaves are dried out at the ends and are browning how do you care
for a small palm tree

Michelle
"lLove is tyhe water in the garden of life

Lots of Aerated soil..wood chips and Sand to keep it loose,

If you have a neighbor with Chickens,,,"Soil" from the pen is
wonderful mixed
well with the former and and chips as well as fertile soil!
Palms require a WARM Sandy soil yet rich in Nutrients, They also grow
very slowly.
... and definiely not in an hurry. Your Grand children will enjoy
them..LOL! B-0b1

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.