GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Free organic fertilizer... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/51112-free-organic-fertilizer.html)

Katra 27-01-2004 07:02 AM

Free organic fertilizer...

My emu and some areas of the chicken pens need cleaning.
There is more than I can use in my own gardens. Most is well composted,
but emu manure does not seem to need that so much.

You shovel it and replace with sand, it's yours for free, and I'll throw
in the beer. ;-)

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Katra 27-01-2004 06:07 PM

Free organic fertilizer...

In article ,
deepeddygirl wrote:

Katra wrote:
My emu and some areas of the chicken pens need cleaning.
There is more than I can use in my own gardens. Most is well composted,
but emu manure does not seem to need that so much.

You shovel it and replace with sand, it's yours for free, and I'll throw
in the beer. ;-)

K.

Katra, you may have said before, but where are you located?

Sorry, should have mentioned that. ;-)

South San Marcos.

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Katra 13-02-2004 07:32 AM

Free organic fertilizer...

Medium priced, whatever is sold by the keg. ;-)

The pens are rilly wet right now, would be heavy but easy to shovel!

Might fire up the BBQ too.
Make a party out of it.

K.

In article m,
"dc" wrote:

what kind of beer?

"Katra" wrote in message
My emu and some areas of the chicken pens need cleaning.
There is more than I can use in my own gardens. Most is well composted,
but emu manure does not seem to need that so much.

You shovel it and replace with sand, it's yours for free, and I'll throw
in the beer. ;-)

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e=0&user id=k
atra

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,

Katra 14-02-2004 05:37 PM

Free organic fertilizer...

In article ,
"dc" wrote:

Still waiting for a "group" to coordinate with me. G
Hell I'll be happy to throw a party for anyone that wants to shovel my
pens! LOL! And you get to take the product home with you. Only catch is
the topsoil needs to be replaced from the sandpile. ;-) But only in the
emu pens... There is lots of excess loose dirt in the chicken pens that
is nicely fertilized. Talk about your fertile topsoils!

Construction grade trash bags or feed sacks work well.

Last time, I just paid a couple of guys to do it and they piled it where
I could access it for my garden beds. :-)

Kat

"Katra" wrote in message
Medium priced, whatever is sold by the keg. ;-)

The pens are rilly wet right now, would be heavy but easy to shovel!

Might fire up the BBQ too.
Make a party out of it.

K.

In article m,