GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apple Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/54194-apple-trees.html)

Art Vega 02-03-2004 12:04 AM

Apple Trees

I live in the DFW area and got a Red Delicious Apple Tree.
The sticker it had said "Self-Pollinator", nevertheless, I found out
in the web that a cross pollinator is recomended. My problem is
that I have room in my back yard for only one more tree.

Do you have experience with this tree?

How much is the production of the tree reduced if
I don't have another tree as pollinator?

Should I exchange it for another tree like a Golden Delicious?

Thanks for your help,
Art