Old 14-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Wayne Dyer

Default Live Oak Losing Leaves

Just recently, I've noticed the live oaks in our back yard losing leaves.
You can stand there and watch and hear them falling.

Naturally the first thing that comes
to mind is oak wilt, but as I've never actually seen oak wilt, I look
he http://www.oak-wilt.com/oakwilt-3.htm and the leaves aren't looking
quite like that. Rather than the brown spreading from the vein, it
appears to be happening from the leave *in* to the vein.

They're turning brown though, and have black specks on
the bottom of the leaves, and some of the leaves appear to have insect
damage and white specs.

I've posted a few pictures here if anyone would like to offer an
opinion/suggestion:

http://www.gleepnpor.org/oaks/

oaks8.jpg and oaks10.jpg are examples of recently fallen leaves.

-W-

Old 14-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Catbird

"Wayne Dyer" wrote in message
Just recently, I've noticed the live oaks in our back yard losing leaves.
You can stand there and watch and hear them falling.

It's "Fall" here in Central Texas. It's simply the time of year when the
live oaks shed most of their leaves for the newer ones. It's normal.

--
Catbird

"Oh-oh, her schizo is about to phrenia" - Bob Hope

Old 14-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Brian Anderson

Wayne Dyer wrote:

Just recently, I've noticed the live oaks in our back yard losing leaves.
You can stand there and watch and hear them falling.

Live oaks normally lose their leaves in the spring, not in the
fall, and they lose them very quickly to make room for the new
ones. My lawn is completely covered in brown leaves right
now. Look around the rest of your neighborhood and see if
your trees (and lawn) are looking any different from everyone
else's.

http://www.gleepnpor.org/oaks/

This URL is bad.