Old 27-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Eric Gray

Default Roses

This year I planted several different rose bushes along my fence line for
the first time and. I was so impressed at how well they WERE doing. Today I
went out to check and half the leaves were gone and broken. I got to looking
and there were several bugs on them. I don't know what they are but look
like baby grasshoppers.
What can I do to get rid of them and protect them from other insects. I am
planning to go to Home Depot this weekend so any help would be wonderful.

THANKS
Crystal

Old 27-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Elizabeth

Seven Dust. I just had to put it on my herb garden - the snails are eating
them for lunch.
--
Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts
http://www.tudortarts.com/

Old 27-03-2004, 11:03 AM
RoyDMercer

Eric,

What you have are Aphids and they are quite common on rose bushes. It
should be easy to find an insecticide that will control them, or if you want
an organic solution you can just vigorously wash them off the leaves. It
will take them a long time to crawl back. Later on in the summer you won't
have a problem with them.

Old 27-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Victor Martinez

Chuck wrote:
Aphids look like grasshoppers?

Baby grashoppers maybe... We like to just wash them off plants if we
don't have enough ladybugs to eat them.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 30-03-2004, 02:33 AM
Texensis

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
| Chuck wrote:
| Aphids look like grasshoppers?
|
| Baby grashoppers maybe... We like to just wash them off plants
if we
| don't have enough ladybugs to eat them.
|
| --
| Victor Martinez
| Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
| Send your spam he
| Email me he

There do seem to be grasshoppers around this year. Wasn't it year
before last that they were really common?