GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Does any one know how to get rid of poison ivy plants in the (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/58833-re-does-any-one-know-how-get-rid-poison-ivy-plants.html)

Rick Shannon 14-04-2004 05:02 AM

Does any one know how to get rid of poison ivy plants in the

Wash with cold water, no alcohol, no soap - nothing that breaks down the
natural oils of your hands.

Rick

God Bless Texas wrote:
"John T. Jarrett" wrote
(as already stated) WASH EVERYTHING WELL.

I tried barehanding it a few times, thinking that I could immediately wash
with rubbing alcohol, then soap and water, and get the oil before the
reaction started. About the fourth time I tried it, it did not work, and
over the next couple of weeks I came to the conclusion that trying it
without gloves was a stupid idea.