GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   chives/garlic question? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/59144-chives-garlic-question.html)

jamie 17-04-2004 08:21 PM

chives/garlic question?

In the Austin climate, would chives and garlic do better in an area
that gets sun most of the afternoon, or in an area that gets a couple
of hours of morning sun, and bright shade for the afternoon?

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Katra 17-04-2004 10:09 PM

chives/garlic question?

In article ,
(jamie) wrote:

In the Austin climate, would chives and garlic do better in an area
that gets sun most of the afternoon, or in an area that gets a couple
of hours of morning sun, and bright shade for the afternoon?

Mine thrive on the West side of the house.
So do my other herbs. ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Red 20-04-2004 04:07 AM

chives/garlic question?

Garlic should be planted in the fall in full sun and harvested in the
spring. Chives will stay green most of the year but do best in the warm
weather and should do fine in full sun most of the year.

I have lots of Garlic Chives if anyone would like to have some, they grow
most anywhere, with or without additional water, once established. I am in
San Antonio.