GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help on IDing cactus seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/59877-help-iding-cactus-seed.html)

Sam 25-04-2004 07:03 PM

help on IDing cactus seed

hi folks,

i was given 2 packets of mixed cactus seed. i wonder if anyone could
provide me with some pointers on how to ID them.

both packets are from different brands but they contain the same three
types. i take this as that either they are the 3 most common or
cheapest seeds or that they are the thre most easy to grow.

-one type looks like a small shrivelled pea.
-the other is small, black and shiny and bean shaped. reminds me of a
flea without legs
-the other is similar in shape and colour but much larger.about 5mm
long

Any idea what they are? Thanks

Sam