GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mmm, Dewberries, was 8 ft tall pencil cactus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/60454-mmm-dewberries-re-8-ft-tall-pencil-cactus.html)

God Bless Texas 03-05-2004 03:05 AM

Mmm, Dewberries, was 8 ft tall pencil cactus

"Katra" wrote

There are too many of those around here. I like to call them "jumping
cactus" and they are a pain in the tailfeathers when I am out picking
dewberries! lol

Mmmm, dewberries - my son and his friend brought a shirtful home from a hike
yesterday. The girls also got some loquats off of a nearby tree.

I love wet springs.

Katra 03-05-2004 11:02 AM

Mmm, Dewberries, was 8 ft tall pencil cactus

In article ,
"God Bless Texas" wrote:

"Katra" wrote

There are too many of those around here. I like to call them "jumping
cactus" and they are a pain in the tailfeathers when I am out picking
dewberries! lol

Mmmm, dewberries - my son and his friend brought a shirtful home from a hike
yesterday. The girls also got some loquats off of a nearby tree.

I love wet springs.

May 1st. is the date for picking dewberries. :-)
They ought to be ripening for the next couple of weeks!
There are a lot of patches in the oil fields in this area...

We still have several 1/2 pint dewberry jellies that mom canned a few
years ago.
Doubly precious to my sister and I now that mom is no longer with us.
sigh

Love dewberries! :-)

And miss mom...........

K.