Old 02-06-2004, 06:03 PM
GeneS

Default FREE - grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres - N of Austin

Free grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres. A friend of ours
wants to remove some of the grass & small brush from his 25 acres
near Briggs. He has a nice tract of 25 acres that is completely fenced.
It has water as well.

If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few weeks, etc.
then do this:

1. Call Don at 512-489-2557. He owns and lives on the 25 acres
near Briggs, TX 78608.
2. "Do Not" eMail me - I have told you everything I know.
(Your eMail will not be returned, as my filter zaps all of them.)

Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM

quoting "GeneS" :
If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few weeks, etc.
then do this:...

chuckle...

a message from the keep-austin.forsale-entertaining committe?!!?

...now, for those etceteras -- what might'ya be thinking of?!? :-)

--
/"\ ASCII... ._. ||
\ / on Usenet /v\ ||"Don't worry about the world ending today,
Old 02-06-2004, 08:07 PM

If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few weeks...
...a message from the keep-austin.forsale-entertaining committe?!!? chuckle

Werner, a free graze opportunity is not to be passed up, people pay good money
for grazing leases. I see you have never owned livestock! Sheesh! K.

Shesh, Katra, I see you are humour-impaired today (you're probably trying
to defend someone, I figure, who I hope aanages to chuckle back rather...)

Mine was not a complaint, I shared a chuckle it caused!

and regarding lifestock, no, I didn't own the cows (we fertilized artificially)
nor the horses we rode to round them up...

if I could I'd share the fun of watching the purple martins practicing aerial
aerobatics outside the window to get you to "feel better"...

Old 02-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Slinky

I've seen it swing both ways: I have a friend who rents out her goats
and llamas to folks up and down her road; and I have other friends who
lease out their pasturage to maintain their ag exemptions.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Mapanari

"GeneS" you slobbered and sobbed on
:

Free grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres. A friend of ours
wants to remove some of the grass & small brush from his 25 acres
near Briggs. He has a nice tract of 25 acres that is completely fenced.
It has water as well.

If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few weeks,
etc. then do this:

1. Call Don at 512-489-2557. He owns and lives on the 25 acres
near Briggs, TX 78608.
2. "Do Not" eMail me - I have told you everything I know.
(Your eMail will not be returned, as my filter zaps all of them.)

Uh, goats are terrible for grazing. They pull grasses up by the roots to
eat instead of cropping the grass like cows and other rudiments.

If you look at the middle east, Korea, Africa, the Greek Islands and many
places that used to forested and grassy, the single cause of devestation
has been people, with their goats.

I'm not sure which catagory llamas fall into but since they're a member of
the camel family and genetically programed to get as much moisture as they
can, roots have the most reserves of moisture so I'd say no to them to, but
I could be wrong.

Also, bad grazing can leave all the bad plants, mesquite, cactus etc and
nub down to nothing all the good soft grasses.

You might want to check into several people in the Hill country(websites)
who've been fighting to bring back the hill country natural grasses back to
their original time, and have been rewarded with streams flowing again,
springs popping up where they have been dormant for 100 years, game animals
moving in, migratory birds etc. First clue, is to get rid of all the
cedar.

Remember, there is a reason why Mexico looks like Mexico. Goats and bad
farming practices.

Good luck.

--
---Mapanari---

Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Mapanari

Slinky you slobbered and sobbed on
:

and I have other friends who
lease out their pasturage to maintain their ag exemptions.

NOW you hit the nail on the head.

I don't think people realize the billions of dollars in tax money stolen by
the filthy rich by putting a few cows or ducks on their property (like Dan
Rather) and then paying no taxes on the land hardly at all, while the rest of
us pay full taxes.
They can even declare agri land in the middle of a city and pay no school
taxes!!!!

Then, don't get me started on Conservation Easments...

--
---Mapanari---

Old 03-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Katra

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

[...]

ONLY if they are overcrowded and not moved enough...

Goats are not as destructive as you think if they are managed properly.

Really.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 03-06-2004, 04:05 PM
escapee

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:43:47 GMT, Mapanari opined:

Uh, goats are terrible for grazing. They pull grasses up by the roots to
eat instead of cropping the grass like cows and other rudiments.

Nothing surpasses goats when you are trying to get rid of brush, particularly
poison ivy.

If you look at the middle east, Korea, Africa, the Greek Islands and many
places that used to forested and grassy, the single cause of devestation
has been people, with their goats.

And that is called over grazing, which has nothing to do with getting rid of
brush and some grasses.

[...]

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Old 03-06-2004, 07:14 PM
John T. Jarrett

You've got to be kidding...exemptions aren't easy to get nor easy to
maintain without a lot of work and money. That the rich folk happen to
have the land AND the money to maintain the exemptions is your
problem. We, all of us, get something out of those exemptions...even
if it is a cheaper burger at McDonalds.

How did you find your way back in this newsgroup anyway? Go back and
bug the .general newsgroups...us gardeners have plenty of bugs anyway
and we prefer our weed torches to be the main "flames" of the day!

John

. ..

Old 03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
James A. Cooley

Just killfile him.

Seriously, he craves attention (like a two-year old) and the best way to
deal with his antics is to ignore him completely by blocking his posts. If
everybody did it, he would eventually go away. Or, if not, at least nobody
would see his inane ramblings and streams of off-topic postings.

Also, unfortunately, if you respond to him -- it only encourages him. So he
makes even more silly posts, hoping for additional attention.

So, again, I suggest just blocking him.

I have him killfiled on every machine with Internet access and (big happy
smile) it means I won't even see the lame post Mapi will attempt make in
response to this one.

I am sorry that Mapi has come to bother your group again. Maybe enough of us
have killfiled him in austin.forsale that he got lonesome.

May your garden grow well with all this rain! My grass has grown to the
point where a grazing goat might not be a bad idea. ;-)

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
You've got to be kidding...exemptions aren't easy to get nor easy to
maintain without a lot of work and money. That the rich folk happen to
have the land AND the money to maintain the exemptions is your
problem. We, all of us, get something out of those exemptions...even
if it is a cheaper burger at McDonalds.

How did you find your way back in this newsgroup anyway? Go back and
bug the .general newsgroups...us gardeners have plenty of bugs anyway
and we prefer our weed torches to be the main "flames" of the day!

John

. ..

Old 03-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Mapanari

"James A. Cooley" you slobbered and sobbed on
:

Just killfile him.

Seriously, he craves attention (like a two-year old) and the best way to
deal with his antics is to ignore him completely by blocking his posts.
If everybody did it, he would eventually go away. Or, if not, at least
nobody would see his inane ramblings and streams of off-topic postings.

Oh, fess up. You can't keep up and I've slapped you around badly before
and you, like Robert portrait (I do tracing ART!) follow me around like
pathtic 3-legged hound dog puppies with slobbery jowls, whining and
caterwauling and sniffing up my crotch everytime I post something.

Also, unfortunately, if you respond to him -- it only encourages him. So
he makes even more silly posts, hoping for additional attention.

So, again, I suggest just blocking him.

I have him killfiled on every machine with Internet access and (big
happy smile) it means I won't even see the lame post Mapi will attempt
make in response to this one.

I am sorry that Mapi has come to bother your group again. Maybe enough
of us have killfiled him in austin.forsale that he got lonesome.

Babbling self-centered stumbling reject from an experiment at UT Pysch lab
on applied electro-shock therapy gone horribly wrong....it was x posted to
ausgarden which I didn't see...by the original idiot poster who thought
xposting it everywhere was cool.

I think I'll change my name daily just to bother you and you can wander
around the net, pleading tearfully, clutching your arms to your fat chest,
whining plaintivly "Oh woe is me! Oh mapi is ****ing me! He says things I
don't like and I need confirmation by trying to get everyone to kf him to
make myself feel validated! Oh woe, oh woe!"

Very mythologically pathos-ridden whining I must say. Kind of sad for
someone of your age.

--
---Mapanari---

Old 03-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Mapanari

Katra you slobbered and sobbed on
:

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

[...]

You have a point...but what 3rd world ******** dweller ever thinks "I have
too many goats!"?

Also, a very few goats left indefinetly in one area will destroy it.
There is also the problem of the cloven hoofs and such; flat footed
herbavors (sp?) don't cut up the ground and destroy it after a rain.
Goats will also destroy trees, being very much like deer except that goats
will eat more woody stuff than deer will and will gnaw off branches and
whole young trees down to the stub.
Deer only do that when really hungry, and a case can be made for deer as
they encourage tree growth at the top and canopy by eating all the little
tender sucker shoots they can reach, which can be as high at 10'!
Goats will just gnaw that sucker down if left too long in a certain area.

They're also noisy~! So there! s

I hate goats. I've been to too many places all around the world and have
seen the destruction that goats and overgrazing have caused. Goats are the
poor man's cow but they hurt the indigenous people in the long run.

But, until we have a pandemic and get rid of 5 billion people and let the
natural predators come back goats are going to continue turning savanas,
forests and farmland into deserts.

Lets hear is for bringing back mountain lions in Austin~! Get rid of those
damn cats running around, stupid and slow children and goats and deer!

Wouldn't that be liberally politically correct? The "natural" way of
mother Gaia?

--
---Mapanari---

Old 03-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:53:25 GMT, "John T. Jarrett"
wrote:

How did you find your way back in this newsgroup anyway?

We can thank GeneS for starting this by cross posting his offer on two
Austin newsgroups with unrelated topics. So Mapanari is posting only
to austin.forsale and he will not see this post as it is only in
austin.gardening.

If you feel like you just HAVE to post to two newsgroups then do it
separately and then you can monitor each of them separately. It just
takes a little effort on the part of the original poster.

Also, watch your responses to cross posted messages. If you only read
Austin.gardening then restrict your responses to only that newsgroup.
Just check the header information in your news browser before you
respond and cut out the other newsgroup - in this case Austin.forsale.

Rusty Mase