GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   problems with my mandarin orange (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/62965-problems-my-mandarin-orange.html)

Steve Ravet 03-06-2004 02:05 AM

problems with my mandarin orange

It was covered with blooms but only ended up setting 2 oranges. I just
planted it in the fall though maybe that's to be expected. It's got
these on both oranges:

ftp://diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/orange1.jpg

Aphids? Treat with neem oil?

And some leaves look like this:

ftp://diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/orange2.jpg

Do I need to take care of this? With what?

thanks,
--steve

Victor Martinez 03-06-2004 03:13 AM

problems with my mandarin orange

Steve Ravet wrote:
Aphids? Treat with neem oil?

Nope, not aphids but mealy bugs. Insecticidal soap will do it, but all
you really need to do is harrass them often with water. They'll be gone
by July.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

John T. Jarrett 03-06-2004 07:15 PM

problems with my mandarin orange

Neem will help as long as they aren't covered by a hard shell. It
would then, too, (eg, scale) but takes too many applications to get
them all...

John