Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Rodney Smith

Default TURKEY BROWN FIG TREES

I live in Indianapolis Indiana and i have two fig trees that i have potted
so i can bring them in the winter. they did semi leafed and grew a little
bit during the winter now some of the twigs wont stand up and i dont know
what i should do with them. I dont know if i should trim them down , im
hoping they will bloom and produce fruit., i have them in a big pot but im
not sure how big of pot i need for them. any suggestions will be helpful

Old 14-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Scruffy Dog

When you dug them up to pot them was there any root damage? Here in
Texas we leave them in the ground, they loose their leaves in the fall
and come back in the spring.

Old 15-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Rodney Smith

nope i left them in the pot so should i put them in the ground during the
summer and then dig them up in the fall ?

Old 16-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Gay Xavier

Rodney Smith wrote:
I live in Indianapolis Indiana and i have two fig trees that i have potted
so i can bring them in the winter. they did semi leafed and grew a little
bit during the winter now some of the twigs wont stand up and i dont know
what i should do with them. I dont know if i should trim them down , im
hoping they will bloom and produce fruit., i have them in a big pot but im
not sure how big of pot i need for them. any suggestions will be helpful

Hey Rodney,

Gee, you sound like me and my citrus trees! I would just repot it as it
becomes root bound to the pot. This way it will not be so hard to move
in and out during cold weather.

A little trimming on scraggly branches shouldn't hurt, and most plants
bloom well being a bit root bound.

My brown turkey fig is about roof height but I hardly get any. The birds
sure love the feast though.

Best -- Gae Xavier