GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Salsa (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/64556-salsa.html)

Scruffy Dog 14-06-2004 11:12 PM

Salsa

The tomatoes and peppers are coming in and I'm eating as fast as I can
but soon I will have a surplus. Does anyone have a good salsa recipe!
Last year I made some that was like pace picante sauce that was pretty
good, I'd like to try something different this year.

Thanks
Alan

deepeddygirl 14-06-2004 11:12 PM

Salsa

I got this one from austin.food, and of course, modified it a bit.

You start out with 2 cans of diced tomatoes w/green chiles. I know, I
know, you're trying to use your tomatoes, but this is a good base. Then,
add seeded and chopped tomatos, 1-2 jalepenos, chopped white or purple
onion and as much cilantro as you can stand. Chopped bell pepper would
be good too. Add the juice of 1/2 - 1 lime (to taste)

I use a hand blender to chop up some of the mixture, so there is a nice
consistency and stays on a chip. Not too chunky, not too mushy.

Have fun! :)

Victor Martinez 15-06-2004 12:05 AM

Salsa

Roast your tomatoes, peppers and some garlic either in the oven or in a
hot cast iron pan. Put in food processor and pulse a few times, you
don't want a puree. Season with salt and perhaps a squeeze of lime juice.
Enjoy.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he