Old 04-08-2004, 01:39 AM
charliekilo

Default Crepe Myrtle problem

I have a medium sized Crepe Myrtle that has been blooming quite well and
still is but, all of the leaves are turning red then brown and dropping like
the would in the fall. As I mentioned - the blooms keep coming. Right now
the tree, except for the blooms, looks like it usually does at the end of
November. The Crepe Myrtle is in shallow top soil over rock and well
drained.

As a side note: I realize the most trees and shrubs expire but if I stand
under this tree/shrub even on the hottest day it feels as if it's raining.
For example today, which got very near 100 degrees, my sidewalk which runs
underneath part of the tree, was wet from the drips coming from the Crepe
Myrtle. Is this usual?

Old 04-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Cindy

As a side note: I realize the most trees and shrubs RESPIRE but if I
stand under this tree/shrub even on the hottest day it feels as if
it's raining. For example today, which got very near 100 degrees, my
sidewalk which runs underneath part of the tree, was wet from the
drips coming from the Crepe Myrtle. Is this usual?

Does it have aphids? They drip sticky stuff and cause leaf drop.

Cindy

Old 29-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Chuck

I have a general Crepe Myrtle question. One branch of one trunk has started
producing flowers with a very light scent. It is very nice but it is the
only time I have ever had any crepe myrtle with a scent. Has anyone else
been so lucky?

Old 01-09-2004, 06:54 AM
jOhN

Chuck wrote:

[...]

no....owner of 4 varieties of myrtle for 20 years, I'm jealous

crepe myrtle Marion Margoshes Gardening 2 27-08-2003 05:32 AM
crepe myrtle Marion Margoshes Gardening 0 25-08-2003 06:02 PM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
crepe myrtle kate Gardening 12 14-04-2003 02:44 AM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 02-01-2003 02:55 AM