Old 23-08-2004, 12:37 AM
br

Default Whats wrong with these trees ?

I planted a fig tree last year and it looked healthy until about a
month ago. Started noticing leaves with brown spots and some leaves
drying up and falling off. See these pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_3.jpg

Also have a chinese pistache that got quite a few leaves almost black.
See these pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/chinese_pistach_1.jpg

Not enough water ? or some kind of bug/fungus ?

Thanks

Old 30-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by br
I planted a fig tree last year and it looked healthy until about a
month ago. Started noticing leaves with brown spots and some leaves
drying up and falling off. See these pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/fig_3.jpg

Also have a chinese pistache that got quite a few leaves almost black.
See these pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/chinese_pistach_1.jpg

Not enough water ? or some kind of bug/fungus ?

Thanks
I am in the San Antonio area. My Chinese pistaches berries have turned black and some of the leaves just like yours. I'm not sure. I think it's too much rain last spring.
Old 30-08-2004, 09:49 PM
JOHN MATTHEW

http://tinyurl.com/5wyka
http://tinyurl.com/6s7gb
http://tinyurl.com/3lfys

http://tinyurl.com/5dqqu

--
JOHN MATTHEW
Old 31-08-2004, 01:26 PM
escapee

You could have bacterial leaf spot, caused by stress, caused by shallow watering
practices. Hard to tell. Take a leaf in to the best garden center you can
find.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:49:56 +0100, JOHN MATTHEW
opined: