GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   question too tall too close pine tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/83005-re-question-re-too-tall-too-close-pine-tree.html)

John T. Jarrett 04-09-2004 01:16 PM

question too tall too close pine tree

It may look like crap, it may put out two new "tops", but it will
live.

John

"Robert Alexander" wrote in message
m...
I have a pine tree that's probably 35 tall pretty close to the

house. It's
got some "lean" in it and you can figure which way it's leaning.

Anyway, it it possible to "top" a pine tree without killing it? If

I took
the top 5- 10 feet off it?? Somebody told me it's a "slash" pine.

I'm not that concerned with aesthetics--it's the back half of the

house I'm
concerned about.

Thanks in advance.

mr. bob