GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The final conclusion: black squirrels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/83130-final-conclusion-black-squirrels.html)

Jay Casey 07-09-2004 08:48 AM

The final conclusion: black squirrels

For those who might be interested in knowing what happened to our struggle
with black ground squirrels, we have a good news - sort of.
After trying everything (fox urine, ultra-sonic underground noise maker,
and trap), we decided (or accepted defeat) to try to live with them.
We started to feed to them.
For some reason, they were unseen for a while, but now they are back.
We don't see them as often or as many as we used to.
We bought a corn feeder that can supposedly entertain both squirrels and us.
Think of it as a metal four-wing windmill.
At the end of each "wing," you can attach corn-on-the-cob.
So when a squirrel gets on the top of the corn, it spins around.
I haven't seen the squirrels in action, but my wife did.
She must have enjoyed it, as she told to me replenish the corn. :-)
Hopefully, those super-intelligent squirrels got the message,
and start reciprocating our goodwill by staying away from the flowers. :-)

Katra 07-09-2004 04:21 PM

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

[...]

Awesome... :-)

I bought one of those wheels for my cockatoo.

Get her to take pics if she can???

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...