Old 11-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Mack McKinnon

Default Could someone please ID this insect for me?

These critters have been all over my yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

Old 11-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Mack McKinnon"
wrote:

These critters have been all over my yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

Not sure, sorry, but they have been all over my bean plants, and have
since moved to the chili petin plant once the beans were gone.

They appear to be causing no harm so I leave them alone.

At least for now. ;-)

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 12-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Suzie-Q

-
- http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg
-
- mack
- austin

Immediately upon seeing the photo, the name "box elder bug"
came into my head. Don't know if I'm right or wrong, though!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 12-12-2004, 06:01 AM
wronp

Mack McKinnon wrote:
These critters have been all over my yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

I am not sure but I think this may be a squash bug. Here is a link for
further information.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/A/I-HM-ATRI-AD.007.html
Old 12-12-2004, 01:34 PM
J Rob

wronp wrote:
Mack McKinnon wrote:

These critters have been all over my yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

I am not sure but I think this may be a squash bug. Here is a link for
further information.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/A/I-HM-ATRI-AD.007.html

A boxelder bug looks like this:

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/hemipt/Western%20Boxelder%20Bug.htm

I'd say it's a squash bug.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Mack McKinnon

Thanks to everyone for the help. These do appear to be squash bugs.
Similar to stink bugs but looking at the pictures of both, I think they are
squash bugs. Also, I have seen the nymphs all over my tomato plants. From
what I have learned, they do more damage to squash and some other plants but
do harm tomatoes. Mine were OK this year, but discolored, many were damaged
and none made it over into the fall. And there were many, many, squash
bugs -- still are.

mack
austin

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,

Old 12-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Mack McKinnon

Someone else suggested a box elder bug. And the red nymphs I have seen do
look like those of the box elder. So not absolutely positive at this point.

mack
austin

"Mack McKinnon" wrote in
message ...
Thanks to everyone for the help. These do appear to be squash bugs.
Similar to stink bugs but looking at the pictures of both, I think they

are
squash bugs. Also, I have seen the nymphs all over my tomato plants.

From
what I have learned, they do more damage to squash and some other plants

but
do harm tomatoes. Mine were OK this year, but discolored, many were

damaged
and none made it over into the fall. And there were many, many, squash
bugs -- still are.

mack
austin

"Katra" wrote in message