Old 03-01-2005, 02:08 AM

Default do deer eat citrus trees?

I have a satsuma mandarin (Citrus reticulata) in a large pot that I'd
like to plant in the ground. But, I'd like to find out if the deer
will eat it. I found lots of deer resistant threads in the google
archive but nothing about oranges or citrus trees. Does anyone know?
thanks,
--steve

Old 03-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Red

Don't know about Satsuma but I have a Meyers lemon and another which I think
is a grapefruit I planted from a seed, and another lemon someone gave me. I
have never had any problem with the deer even tasting them and I have plenty
of deer. They will even eat the Nandina but have never bothered the citrus.
I have them in large pots and put them in the ground, pot and all, in the
spring and dig them up and carry them into the garage in the winter.

ups.com...